The advantages can generally be classified into direct advantages and indirect advantages:
- By using any of the available solar power products on the market today, huge monetary savings can be achieved.
- Depending on the architecture and components used, complete self-sufficiency is possible.
- The material used on building roofs can assist in reducing the thermal build-up of a building.
- PV power reduces the strain on the utility grid thereby enhancing the stability of the grid leading to fewer breakdowns and postponed upgrade pressure.
- Reduces carbon emissions.